In order to be effective, it will require our Councilman, to whom we make recommendations as a community, to take our voices seriously and act on those recommendations. To that end, below is a link to which I’m requesting you consider emailing the following (or something you prefer):
Dear Councilman Jones,
I am a member of the Registered Community Organization East Falls Forward in your District. We are eager and excited to move our community FORWARD, beyond the challenges for which our community has become known.
We're growing our membership rapidly, and vote on issues democratically.
We ask that you act in accordance with our votes and welcome you to our next meeting, April 21st, 2016 at 6:30 at BuLogics on Midvale.
1. Proposal to rezone St. Bridget’s to CMX-3 (currently RSA-5) – 60% / 29 votes: Do NOT rezone St. Bridget’s. Keep RSA-5. – 40% / 19 votes: Do rezone St. Bridget’s to CMX-3.
2. Proposal to rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3 (currently RM-2)
– 83% / 40 votes: Do rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3.
– 17: / 8 votes: Do NOT rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3. Keep RM-2.
3. Proposal to rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1 (currently CMX-2.5)
– 77% / 37 votes: Do NOT rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1. Keep CMX-2.5.
– 23% / 11 votes: Do rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1.
4. PHILADELPHIA UNIVERSITY’s INSTITUTIONAL FACILITIES PLAN
– 94% / 45 votes: Approve Philadelphia University’s Institutional Plan.
– 6% / 3 votes: Do NOT approve Philadelphia University’s Institutional Plan.
EAST FALLS FORWARD
2016 OFFICER NOMINATIONS MEETING
at BuLogics at 3721 Midvale Ave.
DECEMBER 17th, 2015 6:30 PM
We are planning our next meeting for the (regularly scheduled) third Thursday of the month — Thursday, December 17. Location and time will be the same — 6:30 pm at Bulogics’ office.
The agenda will focus on elections process and nominations for those elections will be opened. As stated originally, Angela, Silje, and Juliette will be stepping down and look forward to seeing a new chair, vice-chair, and secretary come forward to lead the charge for East Falls Forward in 2016.