East Falls Forward recommends approval of the request for zoning variance for the tasting room, without restriction on the business. We will, as always, provide and stand by the results of the vote of our members.
Resulting Vote is: – 99.7% (362 votes) Yes, I approve of the request for variance for tasting room.
– 0.0% (0 votes) I Approve with Modifications.
– 0.3% (1 vote) No, I do not approve the request for variance.
As a result, East Falls Forward will be recommending approval of the variance without restriction.
Do we send the following letter to the Civic Board:
– 96% (26 votes): Yes, I vote this letter be sent.
– 4% (1 vote):
Suggestions are all around follow on actions we plan on taking as an RCO
We are pleased to share the results of the Philadelphia RCO (registered community organization) East Falls Forward’s vote and recommendation regarding 4442 Ridge Avenue. East Falls Forward, in a straight democratic vote of membership, voted as referenced above to acknowledge How Properties commitment to working with the community and garnering and adhering to feedback, including a meeting with and presentation to RCO East Falls Forward membership.
We are hopeful that the evolution of the design of the building will continue with additional feedback, and expect that How Properties will continue its good faith efforts to rally support through consistent and transparent communication with the East Falls RCOs Membership.
In order to be effective, it will require our Councilman, to whom we make recommendations as a community, to take our voices seriously and act on those recommendations. To that end, below is a link to which I’m requesting you consider emailing the following (or something you prefer):
Dear Councilman Jones,
I am a member of the Registered Community Organization East Falls Forward in your District. We are eager and excited to move our community FORWARD, beyond the challenges for which our community has become known.
We're growing our membership rapidly, and vote on issues democratically.
We ask that you act in accordance with our votes and welcome you to our next meeting, April 21st, 2016 at 6:30 at BuLogics on Midvale.
1. Proposal to rezone St. Bridget’s to CMX-3 (currently RSA-5) – 60% / 29 votes: Do NOT rezone St. Bridget’s. Keep RSA-5. – 40% / 19 votes: Do rezone St. Bridget’s to CMX-3.
2. Proposal to rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3 (currently RM-2)
– 83% / 40 votes: Do rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3.
– 17: / 8 votes: Do NOT rezone the undeveloped PHA/Pennrose property on Ridge to CMX-3. Keep RM-2.
3. Proposal to rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1 (currently CMX-2.5)
– 77% / 37 votes: Do NOT rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1. Keep CMX-2.5.
– 23% / 11 votes: Do rezone to 4142-52 Ridge to RM-1.
4. PHILADELPHIA UNIVERSITY’s INSTITUTIONAL FACILITIES PLAN
– 94% / 45 votes: Approve Philadelphia University’s Institutional Plan.
– 6% / 3 votes: Do NOT approve Philadelphia University’s Institutional Plan.
In preparation for EFF elections, we’ve added the statements of purpose from the three applicants who’ve submitted their names for candidacy. (Click names for more info)
Chair Felicite Moorman I believe East Falls Forward is relevant to the community’s future vision for East Falls and relevant to a collaborative effort to execute on that vision. I believe there are disenfranchised voices in our community and a tremendous amount of time and effort have been expended to create EFF and guarantee those voices are heard. My goal is to embrace every voice in our community and encourage those collaborative efforts towards execution of that vision.
EAST FALLS FORWARD
2016 OFFICER NOMINATIONS MEETING
at BuLogics at 3721 Midvale Ave.
DECEMBER 17th, 2015 6:30 PM
We are planning our next meeting for the (regularly scheduled) third Thursday of the month — Thursday, December 17. Location and time will be the same — 6:30 pm at Bulogics’ office.
The agenda will focus on elections process and nominations for those elections will be opened. As stated originally, Angela, Silje, and Juliette will be stepping down and look forward to seeing a new chair, vice-chair, and secretary come forward to lead the charge for East Falls Forward in 2016.